Friday, June 17, 2011

LAUNCH.... as in Blast Off!

Illustration Friday gives us a word each week and we draw an illustration with that word in mind.  Today's word is LAUNCH.  Which is ironically what I'm doing these days. Launching forward. Having the courage to step into the unknown and trying new things. I'm taking more chances. I'm saying Yes more and and saying No less. And enjoying my life so much more.


Life goes by like a flash of light that you're not even sure you saw in the first place. You turn and it is already gone. Long gone. Where did it go? And what's around the next corner? 

Who knows? But I'm running toward it with gumption and not willing to sit on the curb and watch it pass me by.

It's blast off time. Time to launch. 

12 comments:

Dan Guerra said...

Awesome Shawn!...get ready to blast off! :o)

ruth said...

This is really cute.

Anonymous said...

very sweet and retro.

kim said...

what an adorable drawing... love the dusty color palette, too! (and what an inspirational write-up — i feel ready to face the day :) thanks!)

June said...

A very nice illustration for IF. I really like the retro style and colours. It would be a great screenprint!

Jules said...

You go!!! Great illo.

Jane Massey said...

Very sweet characters. Great colour.

doodlegirl said...

Thaanks everyone!!!! :O)

Shirley said...

Wonderful illustrations, Shawn!!!

Shirley said...

Oh thank you for your sweet visit, Shawn..you are SO very kind. Wishing you a fabulous weekend ahead..I'll be back to pop by!

Bethany said...

I love your attitude! I just was reading a book by an author who tatooed "yes" on her hand to remind her to say yes to things more often! These illos are great! I love the retro feel of the color scheme!!

life without novacaine said...

Happy LAUNCHING!

Love your inspiration to say YES more. I am on the other end and learning to say NO more and it's very interesting! I now have time to breathe! : )