Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Pavement Picasso

I am sure you have all seen the brilliant chalk artwork that Julian Beever has created on pavement since the mid 1990s.  His drawings create the illusion of three demensions. I am in awe each time I see his work and I think you will be, too. This beautiful wonderful creation drawn only in chalk on a street that will be washed away in time and if not caught on film, it would be gone forever. 

You can view a video on youtube of him at work here

























(Sorry. I don't know who to give the photo credits to, as I received this in an email).

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Isn't he amazing?! I happened upon his work while vacationing in San Fran. He is absolutely amazing and happy you are sharing him on your blog, Shawn!

platitudinal said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures, Shawn. Unbelievable talent ... simply amazing!

doodlegirl said...

Thanks, you two. He is pretty magnificeint. I appreciate you visiting and making your comments....

Rayne said...

I just received these in an email myself and he was asking me who did them. Now I know.
Thank you.

Doodlestreet said...

These are so cool..I would love to see this in person one day. It's amazing how stretched out some of them are...can you imagine the amount of chalk he uses? Just incredible. My neck is sore just watching that video...hey, that looked like part of a TV tray he was laying on!