Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Singing Nuns




"When I'm with her I'm confused
Out of focus and bemused
And I never know exactly where I am . . ."


That song could be about my mother. And, come to think of it, it could also be about me.

She and I are so much alike, sometimes I get us confused.

She had just gotten a french manicure and I was distracted by her staring intently at her swaying hands. Finally, I asked her what she was doing.

She lifted her hands for me to see.

As she waved her hands back and forth in opposite directions, it looked just like two rows of nuns singing and swaying in a chorus.

Happy hands. Happy nuns. My happy mom.

I LOVE my mom.

3 comments:

Monica said...

This might be my favorite little story yet. It's so endearing and so YOU to see little nuns in the simplest of things. I love it!

Petunia said...

You see everything differntly. I like that. No, I LOVE that about you.

artsy momma chic said...

found your site through Illustration Friday, loved the kitty missing illio but feel so bad!! liked what I saw on that page so decided to come back to the beginning to check out the rest. This nun fingernail thing is too funny!!!!