Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm poolside in Houston. . .


It's 9:00 tonight.

And we're lounging around on pool floaties and enjoying this gorgeous night. The home overlooks Memorial Park in Houston. A tropical storm is about to hit here in a few days. Dolly is her name. It's all over the news. But now it is calm. I have a few mosquitoes bitting at my ankles.

I am on vacation.

My camera battery is dead so I'm taking this picture off a wonderful mac pro laptop with the built-in camera.

I really love vacations. I feel so creative. I am working on a line of fabric... and I've been somewhat stumped during my regular business hours. But now that I'm on vacation, I feel nothing but creativity. I keep drawing them out with my brand new felt pen and sketchbook. I have unlimited ideas!!

I have my feet making waves in the pool and I'm watching my shadow from the sun behind me and my mind is free. I dreamed I was in the singing group The BeeGees this morning just before I woke up. And Barry's mic was off but he didn't know. I looked around the audience worried but the audience seemed to be enjoying him regardless... and I woke up relieved and smiling.

I was the female singer of the group.

That's why I love vacations. I can dream. And I dream of anything and everything.

When you're on vacation, you have all the time in the world... to dream. And I do.

I fly out of Houston tomorrow night and will stay in Dallas until early Saturday morning. I probably won't be back until I return.

5 comments:

Kate said...

So glad your imagination tagged along on vacation with you! We are limitless in our travels when we allow that.
You have me envisioning a ripply, liquid design that appears to move - just look at the water in that photo. It offers all sorts of prospects.
Sing on, Bee Gees or solo!

danny said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation! and a hurricane to boot! I love going on vacation, hopefully I will again soon...
Have fuuuun!

violetismycolor said...

hope Dolly missed you...

olias said...

hey...I've had musical dreams too...what BeeGees song was it?....do you remember the words? if not, don't worry about it...

platitudinal said...

I love your dreams, Shawn! Do sing too when you're not dreaming? Perhaps one day we can meet, then you can sing and I can accompany you on the piano :)