Thursday, March 26, 2009

It is never too late....


"Everyone is afraid they have missed the boat. We worry that we are too old, we missed it, it passed us by ... or we fear we might miss it if we are not looking all the time. But the truth is, you ARE the boat. No matter how old or young you are, you are the boat. You can't miss it! If you are still alive, you have things to do!" ~Carolyn Myss

It is never too late to sail. Do it today. Lick you finger and figure out the wind. And just head in that direction. Your fate will carry you.

6 comments:

danny said...

ooooh! I have missed boats and I even capsized in the water... onto a life raft..but yes, it's a huge ocean and there are many boats out there!
The trick is to keep swimming and waving, and a boat will find you.

Doodlestreet said...

I like the last part where you said "your fate will carry you."

I believe in that with everything I know to be true. As we walk thru life, it seems as though destiny will blaze our trails and keep our true path in front of us...even if we try and steer off that path, we eventually get back on it and our intuition tells us we are headed back in the right direction.

If we listen closely enough, we can hear/feel that. I think that's why it's so important to try to keep our little world simple and have clarity...so we can clearly see we are going the right direction...

violetismycolor said...

Just love that metaphor. Thanks for the kick in the tush...

doodlegirl said...

Love all your comments. Thanks for stopping in and letting me know you are there.

ValGalArt said...

you are so right! This is good and Happy Blog Birthday by the way :)

doodlegirl said...

WOW! Thank you Val for noticing! Hard to believe! I had no idea I would have it so long and now hard to believe I've known you for 5 years now! I'm so grateful we have met. Sure loved that night out in Malibu having dinner... Thanks again.