Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dooog's Garage Theater brings memories!



I stumbled upon this video while on a google search of a kid's book i wrote in the middle of the 80s called Benny and the Birthday Berries.

I was the camera operator on this very episode ... among other things.

We were working in Pleasanton, California and I would pinch myself every morning before going into work because I couldn't believe I was working at such a fun job. We spent some crazy hours on this. I have a videotape making this film. A fun behind-the-scenes footage incase I ever decided on creating a documentary, which sometimes i still daydream about doing.

I giggle at this video now. It really does appear amateur and when I think back to those fond memories of us working on that video ... I realize the reason why it looks so amateur was because.... we were!

5 comments:

Dan Guerra said...

This is awesome Shawn! yeah isn't it fun to find these old chestnuts from the past that you can look back at and say, I did that! excellent camera work by the way, and Kamela is an excellent puppeteer!

Kate said...

My stumbles included coming across a book I wrote about twins and their shadows. Less exciting, it was a course requirement in my masters' program but I recall having a blast doing it. On my own, inspired by altitude (I think) I wrote "Lla-Lla, the Llama". It was actually a series, about a llama immigrating. You know how to make me dig deeply!

doodlegirl said...

Dan: Kamela IS an excellent puppeteer! What a treasure that she came to work for us and because of that, we continue to be friends today. She is one of my longest lasting friends.

Kate: I wished you posted the link! I would have loved to have seen your book link about twins and their shadows! (Hmmm... gives me an idea. I think I'll go google that now!!!) and I'm impressed you wrote a book on Llamas immigrating. I don't know you well but I do know you enough that you love animals and you are passionate.

Thank you both for your comments!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in seeing your behind the scenes footage. Is there a way we can connect ? - Anthony

Anonymous said...

My email is Anthonydsalerno@gmail.com