Friday, July 22, 2011

My backyard

I have been on a cleaning binge. And patching and repairing on my house.

I LOVE my home. But it didn't start out that way.

I LIKED it, but I've done a lot of work on it over the years. Let's say I saw the potential in it.  Now, I really enjoy hanging out in my backyard.

This is a corner of my yard that shows the most impact.




Before it looked this this, the yard was void of any flowers or trees except one lowly rose bush.

The grass needed care. The screened in porch needed to get pulled down. So I pulled it down. And I planted trees. And I planted flowers. I also painted my house. And fertilized my lawn.  I did a lot of this with my own bare hands. I also had a coupla friends over the years to help me which I will always be grateful for. 

It is now really lovely to sit out in my backyard alone or with friends and family over dinner on a warm summer evening.

But it wasn't always that way.  Because when I first moved in, my yard looked like this.

4 comments:

brenda McShan said...

its such a nice home!

Dan Guerra said...

What a great job you're doing on your home Shawn!...it's never-ending, I know, but what a transformation!... can't wait to visit your back yard again soooon!

doodlegirl said...

Thanks to the both of you!! I know you both saw it way back when.... the day I first bought it. And you both were a part of my transformation. It's fun to see the before and after pictures because it's so easy to forget!

Bethany said...

I think I'm going to nickname you Tasha Tudor!!! I'm so impressed! It is so beautiful there.