I am sitting here freezing to death. I am half-believing any moment I will start to grow a thin layer of fur to keep me warm. It's been raining here too many days in a row. I heard on the news that it has rained 45 out of the last 50 days.
The average rainfall is 29 inches a year. This year it has already rained more than 15 inches over that number and there is no end in sight.
While standing over my heater vent, I looked down at my aging carpet and decided to pull the heater vent off I was standing over and pull the carpet up against the wall and see the condition of my hardwood floors. They looked pretty good in the 5 by 7 inch area I saw. I got so excited, I had to stand on my hands for a bit to keep me from pulling any more carpet up. I will wait for a warmer, sunnier day and when I'm alloted more time, I will pull away, not knowing what I'm doing, of course.
I went back to standing over my heater vent and while standing over it, feeling the warmth flow upward toward me, I started to daydream of what I will do when Spring actually arrives at my doorstep.
Here are ten things on my wish list I would like to start doing in Spring, and have them completed by the Fall.
01. I want to clean out my bedroom closet and only keep a small amount of clothes that I actually wear and donate the rest.
02. I want to lay new linoleum down on the floor under my kitchen sink, where it flooded when I first moved in and the linoleum came up.
03. I want to pull out all those sticker bushes on the side of my house that seemed to grow overnight.
04. I want to pull up my carpet in my living room just as I have seen Tanya Memme do a dozen times on A&E's Sell This House.
05. I want to paint the exterior of my house. Not because it needs it, but because I want to.
06. I want to clean out my garage and organize it.
07. I want to buy a red chair for my living room.
08. I want to create a better garden in my backyard.
09. I want to add more curb appeal to the front of my house.
10. I want to go through the boxes in my closets and throw out (or donate) the stuff I don't really need or want.
When I do these, I will post the before and after photos as I complete my list.
All day I've been singing, "The sun will Come Out Tomorrow.." and even though I know it won't be for at least another week, I am beginning to feel the spring in my walk as I contemplate Spring and daydream of those long sunny days and warm evenings of Summer.